Friday, March 30, 2012

MS-SQL 2000 Enterprise clustered installation fails

Hi everyone,
I have problem installing MS-SQL 2000 enterprise on Windows Server 2003 Ent.
cluster. The message I'm getting is "Setup failed to perform required
operations on the cluster nodes." The only thing "cluster.log" says in
regards of the MS-SQL is that "the virtual SQL server name can't be found.
Now, that's not the first time I'm doing this installation. Often I got in
the same problem, but by relaxing the local Policy (we are running very
restrictive GPO) usually resolved the problem. Therefore, I thing the problem
comes from the GPO restrictions. Also, I'm using the same domain account
used to install MSCS and I had no issues there.
My question is, what's the best way to approach this problem and what are
the MS-SQL requirements (in terms account permissions)?
The install account must be an admin on all nodes.
The MS task scheduler must be enabled on all nodes. <-- this is likely the
problem.
Geoff N. Hiten
Senior Database Administrator
Microsoft SQL Server MVP
"kkantchev@.hotmail.com" <kkantchevhotmailcom@.discussions.microsoft.com>
wrote in message news:370B4F33-07E5-43A2-B4F3-4D0F485809AC@.microsoft.com...
> Hi everyone,
> I have problem installing MS-SQL 2000 enterprise on Windows Server 2003
> Ent.
> cluster. The message I'm getting is "Setup failed to perform required
> operations on the cluster nodes." The only thing "cluster.log" says in
> regards of the MS-SQL is that "the virtual SQL server name can't be found.
> Now, that's not the first time I'm doing this installation. Often I got in
> the same problem, but by relaxing the local Policy (we are running very
> restrictive GPO) usually resolved the problem. Therefore, I thing the
> problem
> comes from the GPO restrictions. Also, I'm using the same domain account
> used to install MSCS and I had no issues there.
> My question is, what's the best way to approach this problem and what are
> the MS-SQL requirements (in terms account permissions)?
|||Are you, or the cluster service account, also a Domain Admin? If not, then
you will need to have your Domain Admins create Domain Local Groups before
the installation.
Check out the installation logs; they contain the point of failure and
specifics about why it failed.
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/910228/en-us
http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms143702.aspx
Good luck.
Sincerely,
Anthony Thomas

"Geoff N. Hiten" <SQLCraftsman@.gmail.com> wrote in message
news:OsZVE65SHHA.2256@.TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl...
> The install account must be an admin on all nodes.
> The MS task scheduler must be enabled on all nodes. <-- this is likely
the
> problem.
> --
> Geoff N. Hiten
> Senior Database Administrator
> Microsoft SQL Server MVP
>
> "kkantchev@.hotmail.com" <kkantchevhotmailcom@.discussions.microsoft.com>
> wrote in message
news:370B4F33-07E5-43A2-B4F3-4D0F485809AC@.microsoft.com...[vbcol=seagreen]
found.[vbcol=seagreen]
in[vbcol=seagreen]
account[vbcol=seagreen]
are
>
sql

No comments:

Post a Comment