Wednesday, March 28, 2012

MSSMS templates when creating procs from Object Explorer -vs- Solution Explorer

I'm trying to integrate SSMS into our small IT shop. Having the templates available in MSSMS will help enforce standards.

My question is why can I right click on the stored proc folder in Object Explorer and get the nice template withthe replaceable params but when I right click in the Queries folder of Solution Explorer I only get a blank query window? It seems to me that I should have templates available in SE too.

I add a new (blank) query into the solution, then right-click/copy the appropriate template from the Template Explorer. This can then be pasted into the new query window.

But you're correct, it would be much nicer to be able to "add from template" straight into the solution.

Jamie

|||Thats a great suggestion can you file it on http://connect.microsoft.com?

No comments:

Post a Comment