Friday, March 30, 2012

MSSQL 2000 Installation problem.

Hello there!
I am trying to install MS SQL 2000 Server on Windows 2003.
My problem is that when i run the autorun (autorun run well) and after i click SQL Server 200. Components and Install Database Server the autorun close normaly but doesn open the installation, dont open any new process, Nothing else happens, I tried to find the sqlstp.log file but with no success, There is no such a file in my computer, and i tryed also the event viwer too but it doesnt catched anything...


Any ideas?
Thanks to all who can help me.

Another thing, when i try to run directly setupsql.exe it says

Windows cannot open this program since it has been disabled.

I remember that the windows version is NOT the webbased edition, it is the enterprise edition.

|||i received this same error message with web edition. rebuilt my server to std edition and it worked fine.|||

Refer

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;826961

No comments:

Post a Comment