Wednesday, March 28, 2012

MsSql , VPS , plsek software .... PROBLEM ! [:(]

Hi ,

like i said i have VPS plan but on this plan the plsek sofware does not support
MsSql , the stuff that host my website told me that they will not support anything that invovled to MsSqlNo

so ... what i was doing till now ?

i download SqlExpress 2005 on the remote machine . and i can login to the Database engine using Windows Authentication ,

also , i have 'webs develeoper express' (asp.net) on my PC and also have SQLExpress 2005 - when i run my website on my PC i successfuly
insert some data into the DataTables .

but when i run the same file on the VPS (after i upload them using FTP)
that does not work and i see this message :

Cannot open database "horse" requested by the login. The login failed. Login failed for user 'VE326\IWPD_4(main)'.

my connectin string on my "DBLayer" class looks like this :

connString = @."Server=(local)\sqlexpress;Integrated Security=True;Database=horse";

ANY IDEA ?

thanks .

Hi greekhand,

The error messaged indicates that it's a login failure. So, just make sure the user account VE326\IWPD_4(main) has sufficient permission to the "horse" database. Open your Management Studio and connect to your db, select the "horse" database and expand it. In the "security" section, choose "Users" and verify if account "ve326\iwpd_4(main)" has been included. And if not, right click and slect "new users", you can assign permissions to that account here.

Hope my suggestion helps

No comments:

Post a Comment