Wednesday, March 28, 2012

MSSQL & MySQL on the same server?

Hi all,
I was wondering what the PROS & CONS are of running both MSSQL 2000 &
MySQL on the same box? I would think resource contention, such as memory,
would be something to be careful of. But, I'd like to get a broader input
from others out there. Plus I know nothing about MySQL.
Thanks So Much,
Joe DYes they will co-exist peacefully. A more interesting question is why do you
want both.
"Joe D" <jkdriscoll@.qg.com> wrote in message
news:e4vaj6$1adv$1@.sxnews1.qg.com...
> Hi all,
> I was wondering what the PROS & CONS are of running both MSSQL 2000 &
> MySQL on the same box? I would think resource contention, such as memory,
> would be something to be careful of. But, I'd like to get a broader input
> from others out there. Plus I know nothing about MySQL.
> Thanks So Much,
> Joe D
>|||Good Question - Same question that I asked. Things like this can happen when
one group in the company does what it wants (in this case go and buys some
3rd party software package) but wants another group (i.e. the IT group) to
make it work on existing servers. If you've been around the business
awhile, you know what I'm talking about.
Thanks for your feedback.
"Steve Dassin" <steve@.nospamrac4sql.net> wrote in message
news:Ohmb2hrfGHA.4464@.TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl...
> Yes they will co-exist peacefully. A more interesting question is why do
> you
> want both.
> "Joe D" <jkdriscoll@.qg.com> wrote in message
> news:e4vaj6$1adv$1@.sxnews1.qg.com...
>> Hi all,
>> I was wondering what the PROS & CONS are of running both MSSQL 2000 &
>> MySQL on the same box? I would think resource contention, such as memory,
>> would be something to be careful of. But, I'd like to get a broader input
>> from others out there. Plus I know nothing about MySQL.
>> Thanks So Much,
>> Joe D
>

No comments:

Post a Comment