Friday, March 30, 2012

MSSQL 2000 memory not being used.

Hi,
I have a quad box with 12 gigs of memory. I can only seem to get up to
6 gigs of memory used. I am having page fault errors and was wondering
why it is page faulting with 6 gigs of memory available. I have tried
using /3GB /PAE and just the /3GB and just the /PAE switches. This is
a Windows 2003 enterprise SP1 server.
If I look at the System Information screen I see that we have total
memory of 12 gigs.
Total Physical Memory11,519.20 MB
But only 1 gig available for use.
Available Physical Memory1.07 GB
If I look at the task manager I see I am only using 6 gigs? I am not
the best at math, but things are not adding up here.
Does anybody know the secret sause to getting the server to see the
other 6 gigs?
Much thanks in advance,
John Burris
jburris@.centrisinfo.com
johncburris@.gmail.com wrote:
> Hi,
> I have a quad box with 12 gigs of memory. I can only seem to get up to
> 6 gigs of memory used. I am having page fault errors and was wondering
> why it is page faulting with 6 gigs of memory available. I have tried
> using /3GB /PAE and just the /3GB and just the /PAE switches. This is
> a Windows 2003 enterprise SP1 server.
> If I look at the System Information screen I see that we have total
> memory of 12 gigs.
> Total Physical Memory11,519.20 MB
> But only 1 gig available for use.
> Available Physical Memory1.07 GB
> If I look at the task manager I see I am only using 6 gigs? I am not
> the best at math, but things are not adding up here.
> Does anybody know the secret sause to getting the server to see the
> other 6 gigs?
> Much thanks in advance,
> John Burris
> jburris@.centrisinfo.com
>
What SQL service pack are you on? If SP4, have you installed the AWE
hotfix?
Tracy McKibben
MCDBA
http://www.realsqlguy.com

No comments:

Post a Comment